NO MENTION OF IMPROVED BUS, PEDESTRIAN OR CYCLE ACCESS.
TfL and Grainger plc are working in partnership to prepare plans for a residential development at the Cockfosters station car park site.
- Utilise brownfield, public sector land to help deliver around 400 new private and affordable homes for rent;
- Preserve and enhance the setting of the Grade II listed London Underground station;
- Through quality design, create a positive relationship between any new development and Trent Park Conservation Area and
Grade II listed park and gardens which form part of the Greenbelt;
- To create new public and private spaces and improve the access point to the London Loop trail and Trent Park;
- To encourage a shift to more sustainable modes of public transport and reduce the need to travel by car in the local area; and
- To deliver a car-free development, with the exception of disabled car parking for both station users and new residents.
An initial public event was held on 18th June. A detailed public exhibition is due autumn 2019 followed by a detailed planning application.
Feedback can be provide via the following link.